Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bittersweet




Today was my baby girl's first day of kindergarten.

Sure she participated in the vpk program last year, but that was only from 9am-12pm, it was only enough time for me to get a quick breakfast and an hour in the gym.

She's beginning her academic career, which is HUGE. I'm still working on mine, although it is FINALLY coming to an end, and I'm 24 years old.

Kindergarten today isn't like when I was in school. It used to be more socially oriented, and only half a day long. Now she'll be expected to begin reading, writing, and math during a 6 and a half hour long day.

On top of all that, shes only 4 year old. She'll be five on the 23rd of this month, but had she been born only 9 days later, and she wouldn't even be eligible to begin kindergarten. In case you can't tell, I'm a bit apprehensive about my baby's kindergarten readiness.

We're going to take it one day at a time, and luckily for me, 08/18/08, was a great day. Sienna really enjoyed her first day of school, and is a bit miffed at the fact that her second and third day of school have been canceled thanks to Tropical Storm Fay.


0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com